Get it right the first time.
Estimating the amount of stone you need for your outdoor project can be trying. The shape, size and type of area you are filling with stone all play a role in determining how much you need to complete your project successfully.
Just enter the width, length and depth of the area below and let our crushed stone calculator do the rest. With the help of this stone calculator, your next project will be a breeze.
Determining How Much Material You Need
Measure twice, order once.
How to run a quick calculation.
- Simply enter the width, length and depth that you need and hit “calculate.”
- Contact us with your estimate to get a quote on your project.
*For all landscaping projects we recommend a minimum depth of 2-3 inches of material.
Common Questions About Determining Crushed Stone Needs:
Does the size of the stone affect how much I need?
- Yes, the size of the crushed stone being used plays a part in determining how much you will need. Using a stone calculator is the most accurate way determine the approximate amount of stone you will need for your project. Depending on the size of the stone we recommend speaking with a local expert.
Does the purpose of my stone impact how much I need?
- Yes. If you are using the crushed stone as a ground cover around plants, you’ll require less stone due to only a thin layer of stone needed. If you’re covering a driveway with crushed stone, for example, you will need several 4 inch layers. A stone calculator will take all of these factors into consideration when determining how much crushed stone is needed.
Does the shape of my project impact how much I need?
- Yes, curved driveways and odd shaped properties will lead to needing more crushed stone than straight areas. A stone calculator is a great way to determine how much crushed stone you will need. We do recommend working with your local expert on odd shaped projects.
Can I use any kind of stone for my project?
- No, there are many different types of crushed stone and gravel on the market. From washed clean stone to white marble chips, the size, shape and color all vary. Depending on your outdoor project, you’ll need different kinds of stones to best suit your needs. Our stone calculator is programmed to provide you with a general idea of how much crushed stone you’ll need.