Landscape Materials Calculator
Get everything you need to create beautiful landscapes.
Landscaping requires a lot of hard work, time and skill and purchasing the materials you need to do the job well is only half the battle.
To make sure you get everything you need the first time you place an order, check your numbers with our landscape materials calculator. We know your time is precious, and we want to be the best resource for you and your landscape projects.
Determining How Much Material You Need
– Don’t know how much product you need? Run a quick calculation with our materials calculator.
– Simply enter the width, length and depth that you need and hit “calculate.”
– For all landscaping projects we recommend a minimum depth of 2-3 inches of material.
Common Questions About Determining Landscape Material Needs:
How much landscape material can I fit in my personal pick-up truck?
- Most full size pick-up trucks can carry no more than 2,500 lbs. This is equivalent to approximately one cubic yard or 1.25 tons of material. Not sure how much material you need? Use the landscape material calculator above to figure out what you need for your landscape project.
Is there a difference between purchasing from major retailers and local companies?
- Local suppliers, like Braen Stone, will have a larger variety of landscape materials compared to major retailers. Major retailer employees might not be as knowledgeable about each product they sell and typically have higher prices. Local suppliers will be able to provide a more personalized experience and provide you with the best deal every time.
Will the landscape material supplier I choose affect how much I can purchase?
- Depending on where you’re located and the amount of material needed, some suppliers may only be able to offer a certain amount. When purchasing materials, keep in mind your location, the season and how much you need. Use our landscape material calculator to get an exact number every time you start a project.
Can I buy landscape materials without measuring how much I need?
- Technically, this can be done, but it is not recommended. When you buy landscape materials without measuring you can run into a few unfortunate situations. One being not having enough and needing to go back to the supplier, which wastes time. The other option is having too much material with no place to put it. To avoid this, use our landscape materials calculator to make sure you are getting exactly what you need.