If you have a low laying area of land on your property, are about to begin a major construction project or a desire to build up your landscape, there’s a good chance you’ll need fill dirt in order to get the job done.
Being both versatile and cost-efficient, fill dirt is one of the most commonly sold landscaping and construction materials throughout all of NJ and its surrounding areas.
Before making their fill dirt purchase, we’ve found that many of our customers want to know exactly what they should expect in terms of how much they’ll spend on the materials.
Due to the fact that there’s no “one size fits all” answer to this question, we’ve found that it’s best to answer this inquiry by taking a closer look at the various factors that go into working with fill dirt. You’ll see what we mean as you take a look at our answers to the most frequently asked questions about fill dirt cost considerations.
What affects the cost of fill dirt?
You’ll find that fill dirt cost can be impacted by several different factors. First, it’s important to know whether you need screened fill dirt for your work, or if unscreened is acceptable. This is because more processing is involved with the screening process which can increase customer costs.
Next, keep in mind that the supplier you select will determine fill dirt prices per ton or cubic yard. Finally, and for obvious reasons, the overall size and scope of your project will determine how much fill dirt is needed, and thus, how much you’ll need to plan to budget for.
How do I determine how much fill dirt I need?
Fill dirt cost depends heavily on how much material is required for project completion. Before you start to panic with the thought that you’ll need to take a refresher course on everything you learned in high school math class, take a deep breath and relax with the knowledge that you can turn to a reliable online materials calculator.
Instead of memorizing and performing complicated calculations, all you need to know is the length, width and depth of your project’s coverage area. Depth measurements will be based upon specific project requirements and desires.
These numbers are then entered into the calculator and you will be told how much fill dirt to buy in both cubic tons and cubic yards. Always keep in mind that, while these calculations are very accurate, they are only an estimate and it’s always in your best interest to consult with your supplier before making a final buying decision.
Be mindful, too, that calculators like these are generally designed to accommodate rectangular coverage areas. For rounded coverage areas, it’s wise to consult with an expert in order to accurately calculate your needs.
What should I anticipate in terms of fill dirt delivery costs?
If you’re like many contractors, landscapers or property owners, you will demand a bulk quantity of fill dirt in order to complete your work. Unless you’ve got the right vehicles and equipment, you could struggle to get your purchased materials back to your job site.
This is where finding an affordable and reliable delivery service comes in. In order to get the best price and keep your fill dirt cost as reasonable as possible, it’s wise to shop around for delivery service estimates.
Be wary of any business that quotes you much higher or much lower than their competitors. A fairly priced fill dirt delivery company should be based on the proper business licenses and insurance policies, driver safety and experience, customer service and timely deliveries.
Where is the best place to buy fill dirt in NJ?
If you’ve determined that fill dirt is what you need in order to take care of your project’s needs, Braen Stone has you covered. We’ve been in this industry for more than 110 years and in that time have built a reputation on offering the highest quality materials at the most affordable prices. Here’s a look at why you should choose us:
- Superior Product – Contrary to what you might think, dirt is more than just dirt. Not just any type of dirt will do for your project. Fill dirt is ideal for the various purposes it serves because of the fact that it doesn’t contain organic matter that will decompose and cause settling. At Braen Stone, we can guarantee that our fill dirt is devoid of organic materials so that you can rest assured that your materials will function properly.
- Careful Processing – When we say that our screened fill dirt is screened, we mean business. Braen Stone works hard to ensure that our screening process eliminates all large chunks, clumps, rocks, sticks, roots and other unwanted debris that could compromise the integrity of our product.
- Knowledgable Staff – The professionals here at Braen Stone know what they are talking about. We’ve seen customers come in who think that they need fill dirt for their landscaping endeavors when really they need topsoil and vise-versa. Because there’s such a huge difference between the two (both in terms of function and in cost), it’s important that your supplier is able to direct you to the right type of dirt for your job.
- Customer Service – Customer service should always be a priority when you’re considering a fill dirt supplier, and Braen Stone consistently receives top marks from its customers. We take pride in going above and beyond to ensure that you’re able to obtain the advice you need on the specific fill dirt you require for your project, help in calculating your materials demands and provide assistance in coordinating pickup or bulk delivery services.
- Plentiful Inventory – The last thing that you want is to give your business to a vender that doesn’t carry enough fill dirt to meet your demands. When this happens, you may be forced to put the brakes on your project and begin seeking another materials source. This wastes a lot of time and energy and could even end up costing you a lot more money in the long run. Braen Stone always has a large inventory of unscreened and screened fill dirt on hand so that you’re able to quickly and easily obtain the materials that you need.
- Delivery Options – Braen Stone is happy to accommodate your bulk delivery needs. We’ve found that most of our customers require bulk quantities of fill dirt in order to complete their work, and many don’t have the means of transporting their materials from Point A to Point B. Our team of safe and responsible drivers are ready and willing to step up to the polite and get your fill dirt to your job site, on time and exactly where you need it.
- Fill Dirt Cost – It’s because we maintain full control over the manufacture and processing of our fill dirt that we’re able to offer competitive wholesale pricing to our customers. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy the most value for your dollar spent and stretch your budget even further.
Reach out to one of the experts at Braen Stone to learn more about fill dirt cost and to start planning your project today.