Construction Materials Calculator
Complete your project with our help.
Starting a construction project with the right amount of materials is imperative. Not all projects are completed quickly, and no one wants to spend extra time running back and forth to the supplier to get more construction materials.
With the help of our construction materials calculator, those days are long gone. Simply insert the dimensions and the type of materials you need and let our construction materials calculator do the rest.
Determining How Much Material You Need
Measure twice, order once.
How to run a quick calculation.
- Simply enter the width, length and depth that you need and hit “calculate.”
- Contact us with your estimate to get a quote on your project.
*For all landscaping projects we recommend a minimum depth of 2-3 inches of material.
Common Questions About Determining Construction Materials Needs:
Will the amount of construction materials I need affect my delivery?
- Yes, the amount of materials needed will affect your delivery. If you are ordering a large volume of material, it will be more efficient to have it delivered by the supplier you are purchasing from. Choosing to have your construction materials delivered will allow you to focus on other aspects of your project. By using our construction materials calculator above you’ll know exactly how much you’ll need.
Are there any state laws that will affect my construction project?
- When using crushed rock for public roadways and transportation, for example, organizations like The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the Department of Transportation must approve the materials. Once you’ve gotten your qualifications straightened out, use the construction materials calculator above to figure out exactly how much you need.
Do construction material products cost the same amount year round?
- Yes, construction materials will cost the same price year round. The only exception would be if there is a shortage of a particular product. We recommend determining how much material you need with our construction materials calculator above. This will allow you to get the proper amount of materials the first time and not have to worry about price differences in the future.
Does industry experience matter when buying construction materials?
- Businesses that have been able to withstand the tests of time have done so by building up a great reputation with their clients, and repeatedly proving that they offer high quality materials for fair prices. Once you find a reputable supplier, use our construction materials calculator to figure out how much material you need for your next project.