Home and business owners throughout NJ and the northeast are familiar with the benefits of buying bulk rock salt in NJ. By forming a brine solution with snow and ice, rock salt is capable of significantly reducing the freezing temperature of water. This works to eliminate and prevent slippery conditions that could result in accidents on paved surfaces. What’s more, rock salt is very affordable, easy to use, and is sold in a wide variety of locations. But is it a good idea to buy rock salt from just any supplier? How can you be sure which supplier is the best match for your rock salt demands? Read on to learn more about finding the best place to buy rock salt and the benefits of buying bulk rock salt in NJ.
Not All Rock Salt Suppliers are the Same
Just because a business sells rock salt doesn’t mean that you should buy ice melting products from them. A convenience store or grocer that offers bags of rock salt, for example, will not have the level of expertise about the materials it sells that business in the landscaping and hardscaping industry does. In addition to this, many retailers that sell rock salt as a “side product” during peak season are only doing so as a means of driving up profits. This means that they will often drastically inflate the cost per bag, thus causing you to go over budget on your winter spending. Of course, many smaller vendors will also have a reduced quantity of bagged rock salt to sell, meaning that you won’t be able to place a bulk order, and you may also miss out on the opportunity to buy the brand or blend of ice melt that you require. Understanding that not all rock salt suppliers are created equally will help you to think through your options and make a better buying decision.
What to Look for in the Best Rock Salt Supplier
So which characteristics will a leading rock salt supplier possess? Here are a few things to look for in the company that you buy rock salt from:
- Locally Owned and Operated – Although it can be tempting to buy rock salt and other ice-melting materials from an online vendor, we urge you to reconsider. Often, going this route means that you end up spending a lot more money on the costs associated with shipping and transportation. You’re also running the risk that what you think you’re ordering isn’t actually what you’re going to be getting, or that your materials get caught up or lost in the mail. These stores will carry rock salt seasonally in order to meet consumer demand but will charge very high prices in order to get the most out of the limited need for the product. Going to a locally owned and operated vender will allow you to get the best deal s on the highest quality products possible.
- Variety of Materials – Always look for a rock salt vendor that sells a wide range of ice melting materials. This is the only way to ensure that you’re able to find a product that is properly-suited to the unique needs of yourself, your property, and your loved ones.
- Expert Sales Reps – Insist on expertise when buying rock salt. Your supplier should employ sales reps who are knowledgeable about the rock salt and other ice-melting materials they sell. This will ensure that you make the best decision about the right type of salt to use, and will help you to calculate the correct volume for your property.
- Fair Pricing – There’s no reason to pay too much for your rock salt. Avoid buying from businesses that don’t primarily sell products intended for landscaping or hardscaping, as they will likely hike up the prices in order to turn over a larger profit. Your best bet is to go directly to an owner-operated supplier that is passionate about helping people like you to get the products they need at fair prices.
- Bulk Quantities – Many NJ home and business owners will find themselves in need of bulk volumes of rock salt in order to keep their properties free of snow and ice hazards throughout the entire 2017-2108 season. In order to maximize savings and ensure that you have everything you need, it’s wise to seek out a supplier that sells rock salt by the pallet and the truckload. Buying in bulk will make sure that you are able to maximize your savings and that you won’t need to re-order materials later on during the winter season.
- Bulk Delivery Options – Of course, if buying bulk amounts of rock salt, you’ll need to have a means of transporting the materials to your home, business, or campus. The best rock salt suppliers will be happy to offer bulk delivery services in your locale and will be willing to work with your schedule when dropping off your ice melt. Be sure, too, that your bulk delivery service won’t charge you an arm and a leg to drop off the materials, and that they have a reputation for safety and reliability.
The Best Place to Buy Rock Salt in NJ
Braen Stone is the best place to buy rock salt in NJ and the Tri-State region. We are well known throughout the area for offering the largest inventory of high-quality rock salt and ice melt at fair and competitive prices. We care about your unique needs and will spend the time talking to you about your options in order to ensure that you buy the right type and quantity of rock salt. We also offer bulk delivery services throughout NJ, NY, NYC, eastern PA, and southern CT. Give us a call or visit our location to learn more today.